N

Messy Church See our next event
Weekly Notices Read our weekly newsletter
Our Origins at Woodside

“Sunday worship in Green Lane

It is proposed in a few weeks to commence meetings for

Divine Worship in the KENPAS HALL

The initiative and responsibility will be undertaken on behalf of the Free Churches by

Methodism and by the Ford Street Church in particular.

The immediate object is to hold a

CHILDRENS’ CHURCH IN THE AFTERNOON AND

Divine Worship in the evening

Your presence is earnestly desired on

Sunday Evening, May 18th, at 8.30 p.m.

In The Kenpas Hall

The following will be present -

Rev. T. MORCOM TAYLOR, B.A., Rev. GEO. PREECE, Rev. NORMAN ROBINSON, M.A.,

Pastor JAS. GREGORY, Mr. T. DALTON and others.

and will conduct a Brief Preliminary Devotional Service after which proposed details will be

made known and the views of all interested may be ascertained”

In the Spring of 1930 there was distributed to the homes on the new ‘Green Lane Estate’ that was rising rapidly on either side of the equally new Coventry By-pass between Coventry/Kenilworth road and railway, the following invitation;
Woodside Avenue Church Centre Coventry
It was from this invitation that the Church, known for so many years to the confusion of visiting preachers and speakers seeking its whereabouts as ‘Green Lane Methodist Church’, and only in recent years, more accurately, as ‘Woodside Avenue Methodist Church’, began its life.
Messy Church Logo Copyright Bible Reading Fellowship 2014